Developed in Belgium since 1986 and used by more than 800 offices, the C3Admin software is a simple and fast tool for producing specifications and measurements.
C3A allows Revit users to import quantities extracted from the digital model.
Its advantages include:
- Standard: the software is based on Word and Excel, the market standards.
- Sustainable: the C3A tool has been around since 1986 and is updated for each new version of Office.
- Effective: routines and models automate some of the work.
- Easy: the tool is ready to use and only requires limited training.
- Comprehensive: the software is provided with a large database of items: the neutral 904 regulations from the Régie des Bâtiments (FR and NL), the CCTB of the Walloon region and the Flemish specifications of the VMSW.
- Bilingual: the tool is available in French and Dutch.
- Support: phone or email support is offered.
- Flexible: Your internal specifications can be adapted to integrate the software.
- Adaptable: suggest improvements. You are in direct contact with the developer, who will integrate your suggestions if they are relevant for all users.
C3A with Revit
The C3A extensions are a plugin for Revit, Excel and Word. Thanks to this application, an architecture company may, using a BIM model in Revit, extract quantities from modelled components to produce a measurement, estimate and specifications.
- Automatic extraction of quantities from the Revit model
- Import of quantities in Excel to produce a detailed and summary measurement
- Automatic generation of specifications for items in the summary measurement
Note 1: Non-modelled elements can be added manually in the Excel measurement and in the specifications in Word.
Note 2: The automatic generation of the specifications concerns the items as described in the basic specifications. Any options and clarifications are then to be made manually.
Prior configuration of the environment
4 steps are required for this workflow to function:
- Formatting of the basic specifications in Word (attribution of styles + addition of the measuring code).
- Extraction of the full list of items in Excel format from these formatted specifications, then import of this list of items in the C3A tool for Excel.
- Extraction of the full list of items in txt format from these formatted specifications, then import of this list of items in Revit, as a keynote file.
- Attribution of an item code to each Revit family (element or material), in the keynote field.
- Revit 2017, 2018
- Office 2013 or 2016 64 bits
- C3A extensions
- The Revit nomenclatures specific to the CCTB
- The Tase template provided with the TSP (recommended)