BIM (Building Information Modelling) is a process used to create and manage building data. It is used to centralise all building data in a unique, digital and calculable model. It offers coherence and coordination throughout a building’s life cycle, from its design to its recycling.
This integrated process allows construction professionals to collaborate on a project by providing and using reliable and coordinated digital information. Working based on the BIM principle means designing a project using intelligent objects that adapt throughout its evolution. Those involved can make use of accurate, coherent and coordinated data. Thus, they form a ‘Bouwteam’ to benefit from the opportunity:
- To work based on aligned objectives
- To collaborate transparently
- To be part of a participatory work model
BIM offers the following advantages:
- Unique overview of the project
- Optimised site coordination
- Technical work planning
- Conflict identification, management and resolution before construction
- Data collection from design to production
- Improved project profitability
Come and discover BIM during our visits to Brussels and Luxembourg!
TASE consultants are available to help you implement the process in your office.
Click here to know more about BIM: